سه‌شنبه، فروردین ۳۱، ۱۴۰۰

crazy years

In 1990 at 14, I finished designing a computer using Z80 and static RAM, EPROM, crystal oscillator, 8 LED display, etc. It took me ages to design the PCB on paper. In our city (Esfahan) they couldn't build two-sided PCBs. I was told it is impossible to build this PCB, it costs too much, etc. So I did not actually test it (I was sad). At 11-12 I used to write simple algorithms before starting to use my first computer in 1988-1989, then plotting polar curves, simple games that used Sprites and accessed video RAM, etc. The biggest barrier was there were virtually no manual books, and no Internet available back then to find the addresses to PEEK and POKE on C128. I had to wait years until I get a better home computer advanced enough to run C compiler that could finally run C programs because C had "function" s and I didn't have to write GOSUB for subroutines. Day and night, when not programming, I was designing CPUs on paper and trying to find an architecture and instruction set that is so minimal that a kid like me can build the CPU at home with minimal cost and simple equipment (the outcome resembled RISC). Later I decided to use a ready-made CPU instead, a Z80, which I mentioned above.


هیچ نظری موجود نیست: